Steves Meat Market

RECAPTURING THE PAST

Steve’s Meat Market has undergone an extreme facade makeover candidate in Olde Towne Arvada and has been restored to its Historic splendor.

The building located at 5751 Olde Wadsworth Blvd. historically known as the “Evans and Black Livery Stable” was originally built in 1890. In 1931 the building’s use was changed to Blacksmithing and was known as “Arvada Blacksmithing Shop.” The building was home to Arvada Iron Works from 1946-48, Lincoln Cab Company in 1957, and Arvada Tire and Brake in 1962.

Restoration was based on a photograph discovered by Dennis Culligan with Culligan Construction who performed the renovation. The photograph was our building in 1913 when it was still a livery stable. The “new look” creates a presence of identity, a building with character that will continue to develop over time.

In 2005, Steve’s Meat Market was awarded Arvada’s “Business of the Year.” This award was based on significant renovation of a Historic Building Business Expansion, Investment and Personal Commitment to Historic Olde Towne Arvada and Community Spirit.

Scroll to Top